Businesses often have to make difficult decisions when it comes to their technology needs. Do they invest in break-fix IT support services, or should they go with a managed service provider? Both options have their pros and cons, but it’s important to understand the difference between the two before making a decision.
Here is what you will need to know about both types of services so that you can decide which option is right for you.
What Is Break-Fix Support vs Managed IT Support Services?
This is the traditional model of IT support: when something breaks, you fix it. You only pay for IT services when you need them, and you typically work with a local provider or an in-house IT team. You’re also responsible for monitoring your own systems and identifying issues as they arise.
Managed IT support services
On the other hand, managed IT services proactively monitor your systems and address issues before they become problems. With this type of support, you typically pay a fixed monthly fee for unlimited IT support.
Break-Fix Support Pros and Cons
Break-fix support can be a good option for businesses that have a limited IT budget and don’t need 24/7 support. However, it can be a risky proposition since you’re relying on your own team to identify and fix problems as they arise.
- Pay-as-You-Go Services: You only pay for IT services when you need them
- Greater Control: You have control over when and how IT services are provided
- Local Providers: You can work with a local provider or an in-house IT team to get the support you need
- Monitoring: You’re responsible for monitoring your own systems
- Identifying Issues: You’re also responsible for identifying issues as they arise
- Risk of Downtime: If an issue is not caught in time, it can lead to unexpected downtime, which can cost a company a lot of money.
- Expensive Repair Bills: You may also have to pay expensive repair bills if an issue is not caught in time
Managed IT Support Services Pros and Cons
Managed IT support can be a good option for businesses that want to avoid unexpected downtime and costly repairs. They can also offer a number of benefits in terms of strategic growth. However, it’s important to find a reputable provider that can offer 24/7 support and proactively monitor your systems.
- Proactive Monitoring: A managed service provider proactively monitors your systems and addresses issues before they become problems
- Fixed Monthly Fee: With this type of support, you typically pay a fixed monthly fee for unlimited IT support
- 24/7 Support: You can get around-the-clock support from a team of experts
- Access to Latest Technology: Managed IT support can also give you access to the latest technology and tools like cloud computing and Microsoft 365
- Upfront Cost: There is an upfront cost to get started
- Less Control: You may have less control over when and how IT services are provided once you’re under a contract
- Dependency on Provider: You’re dependent on the managed IT provider for support
Partner with RedNight Consulting for Managed IT Support Services
RedNight Consulting is a leading provider of managed IT support services. We offer 24/7 support and proactively monitor your systems to prevent issues before they become problems. We have additional services such as cloud computing, business continuity, cybersecurity, and more. Contact us today to learn more about our services!