Small businesses (SMBs) have a lot of responsibilities and endeavors to maintain. They’re always trying to find ways to increase value and grow their company. But when it comes to IT, many small businesses feel like they’re stuck between a rock and a hard place. It can be overwhelming to manage everything on their own.
SMB cloud consulting can be the solution that small businesses need in order to maintain productivity while staying within their designated IT budget. Cloud services are expected to have a market value of over $480 billion in 2022 and are a popular option for business IT solutions. The cloud has benefits that can specifically optimize small business systems.
The goal of this post is to explain what SMB cloud migration is and to show how SMB cloud consulting can benefit your company by establishing a plan for bringing your IT systems to the cloud.
What Are Cloud Solutions?
Cloud solutions are a type of service that allow users to access information or applications over a network, instead of having to store and run software on their own computer or device. Cloud software is important for SMBs because they can help to optimize business systems while staying within budget.
What Is SMB Cloud Consulting?
SMB cloud consulting is a service that helps small businesses to plan and implement a transfer to the cloud. This process can be complex, and often requires the help of an experienced IT consultant. The goal of SMB cloud consulting is to help small businesses to understand the cloud and how it can benefit their business.
Many small businesses are hesitant to move to the cloud because they don’t understand how it works, or they think that the transition will be too complex. But with the help of an SMB cloud consultant, you can develop a plan that will make migrating to the cloud a smooth process.
Benefits of SMB Cloud Migration
The cloud provides businesses with support and benefits that will make daily operations run smoother. One report showed an increase between 2.3 – 6.9% in revenue for companies that have utilized cloud technologies in the last 10 years.
Here are a few reasons why SMBs should consider moving their data to the cloud:
- Increases Productivity – When data and applications are stored in the cloud, users can access them from any device, anywhere in the world. This allows employees to work from home, on the go, or from any remote location. They can also share files and work on projects together in real-time.
- Flexibility – The cloud is a popular option for IT solutions because it allows for scalability and hybrid work options. Businesses can easily add or remove users as needed, and allow those users to work in the office or at home. This is important for businesses that are growing and need to be able to quickly adapt to changes in their customer base or work volume.
- Cost-Effective – Adopting cloud solutions is significantly cheaper than configuring and updating on-premises hardware. When businesses store their data and applications in the cloud, they pay a subscription fee rather than purchasing and maintaining their own hardware. This can save businesses a lot of money long-term.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery – Backup and disaster recovery is the process of protecting your data in case of an emergency. Utilizing RedNight and AWS Elastic Disaster recovery can ensure that you will have a backup of your information even if something happens to your original files. And by creating a disaster recovery plan with us specifically, you can minimize the damage and downtime from any type of disaster.
- Security – Many businesses are hesitant to move to the cloud because they think it’s less secure than on-premises solutions. However, since your information isn’t stored on your local device, it’s better protected from any disaster or physical damage. Cloud solutions also use the latest security software and carefully monitor your data to ensure maximum protection.
With the help of an SMB cloud consultant, you can develop a plan that will make migrating to the cloud a smooth process.
Make The Switch to the Cloud Today with RedNight Consulting
Migrating to the cloud can appear to be a complex process, but it’s worth it for the benefits that businesses can reap. The cloud provides businesses with the security and support necessary to safely and effectively carry out their workload.
RedNight Consulting can configure and customize your cloud solutions plan to ensure that your business is optimized for its needs. Contact our office today to get started!