AWS has paid its dues.
Amazon’s web hosting product has proved itself not only as a safe pair of hands but also as a seriously heavy hitter. It powers the likes of Netflix and even GoDaddy, making AWS one of the biggest services of its type on the market with an astonishing annual revenue of $25bn for 2018.
So, there we have our first established fact — that AWS provides some of the most robust cloud hosting services available. Another established fact is that your business needs these cloud services. Could this be a match made in heaven?
AWS might be knocking it out of the park with Netflix and GoDaddy but, it is likely that your business is not quite in the same league as these big names. Can AWS Cloud Services benefit smaller and medium sized enterprises? Or are the advantages reserved only for the really large scale enterprises?
This is what we are going to be taking a look at today.
Why aim for AWS in the first place?
What does AWS Cloud Services actually offer to your business? There are a number of benefits that could lead smaller businesses to check out AWS.
- Amazon is an enormous company: Picture the scene — you are working with AWS Cloud Services and your business experiences rapid growth overnight. You need to scale up. What do you do? You just tell Amazon what you need and they scale up for you. You are working with a company and service you can really rely on.
- PAYG service: For smaller firms, it is likely you do not need to access hosted servers on a round the clock basis. As a result, you don’t want to be paying for services you are not using. AWS Cloud Services’ provides a pay as you go option so you don’t need to worry.
- AWS is well managed: You probably don’t want to waste money running your own servers, unless you have very specific needs and the expertise to put these needs into action. AWS can manage all of this for you.
- Minimal downtime, minimal disruption: Few services can provide you with the uptime guarantee that AWS can. Working with Amazon really does involve working with the best.
- Unbeatable levels of cybersecurity: Just like the uptime we discussed above, Amazon is similarly able to provide you with cybersecurity guarantees — or at least cybersecurity protections — like no other. This is a major boost for a business, especially as the FBI has stated that only 10 to 12 percent of cyberattacks actually get reported, hinting at a far greater problem than initially thought.
- A broad range of options available: This is important, particularly for smaller scale businesses as it demonstrates that AWS Cloud Services is geared not only to its super high level clients, but to businesses of all types.
AWS Cloud Services, scaled back
It is this last benefit that ties all the others together and tells you that AWS Cloud Services is, in fact, suitable for your business. AWS encompasses such a broad range of different services, across the full spectrum of scales and business types. Sure, AWS caters for the heavy hitters of this world, but its bread and butter is small to medium sized businesses.
As a result, you can enjoy scaled-back services that not only meet your needs in the short term, but continue to meet them as your business grows.
To learn more about cloud hosting services and to understand how to get the best for your business, get in touch with our team today.